Call for Applications
Each year, The Geneva Association awards one research grant for submissions—usually doctoral theses carried out in the field of risk and insurance economics.
The grant is worth CHF 10,000 and covers a period of 10 months. The grant is intended to support research on a specific theme, which can be in the form of a thesis leading to a doctoral degree or a research paper on that specific theme.
The theme of the 2018 research grant is Big Data in Insurance. Suggested topics for the 2018 research grant are:
- What are the drivers and trends of big data in insurance?
- What are the threats and opportunities of big data for insurers and their customers?
- What are the potential implications of big data on the insurance industry business models and the value chain?
- Will big data in insurance lead to risks demutualisation (personalisation versus solidary)?
- How can big data help insurers in risk mitigation?
- What will be the impact of big data on insurance regulatory standards (“levelled playing field”)?
- How artificial intelligence will impact the insurance industry?
Suggestions for other topics related to the theme of “Big Data in Insurance” could also be considered.
The deadline for submissions is 21 December 2017.
Applications should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, The Geneva Association, “Research Grants”, Talstrasse 70, CH-8001 Zurich.
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, a research proposal and letters of recommendation from two professors of economics or risk management.