Each year The Geneva Association awards one research grant intended to support a research paper on a specific theme.
The grant is worth CHF 10,000 and covers a period of 10 months. The recipient also commits to collaborating on a publication and/or participating in a conference of The Geneva Association.
The theme of the 2020 research grant is Biodiversity and Insurance.
Suggested topics are:
- What is the role of the insurance industry in creating markets for preserving biodiversity?
- How can insurers protect biodiversity and incentivise behavioural and business model changes?
- What are the benefits of insurance in terms of biodiversity improvement?
- What are the obstacles originating from the nature of insurance and the risks arising from biodiversity loss for biodiversity conservation?
- Is biodiversity risk insurable?
- How can the insurance industry engage with public or private organisations to improve biodiversity?
Other topics related to the general theme of the grant may also be considered.
The deadline for submissions is 13 January 2020.
Applications should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, a research proposal and letters of recommendation from two professors in the field.