The Geneva Association awards the prestigious Ernst Meyer Prize annually for university research work in the form of a doctoral thesis which makes a significant and original contribution to the study of risk and insurance economics. The Judging Committee for the Ernst-Meyer Prize comprises Prof. Christophe Courbage, Prof. Andreas Richter, and Prof. Richard Watt. A full list of past winners is available online.
Applications for the award should include all of the following:
- an electronic version (pdf) of the thesis
- an English language abstract of 1,000-1,200 words
- two recommendations (written in English), each providing a review of the submitted work
- a curriculum vitae in English.
- The thesis should have been accepted by the PhD Committee during the calendar year preceding the submission deadline.
- Submissions are possible in one of the following languages: English, French, Spanish, German.
- The prize is 5,000 Swiss Francs.
- The deadline for the Ernst Meyer Prize 2018 is 31 January 2019.
Applications should be addressed to email@example.com, The Geneva Association, “Ernst Meyer Prize”, General Secretariat, Talstrasse 70, CH-8001 Zurich.