The Geneva Association awards the prestigious Geneva Association Ernst Meyer Prize annually for university research work in the form of a doctoral thesis which makes a significant and original contribution to the study of risk and insurance economics. The Judging Committee for the Ernst Meyer Prize comprises Professor Christophe Courbage, Professor Andreas Richter and Professor Richard Watt. (Click here for the full list of past winners.)
The prize will be awarded at The Geneva Association's Annual General Assembly to be held in New York City in May 2020.
Applications for the award should include all of the following:
- an electronic version (pdf) of the thesis
- an English language abstract of 1,000-1,200 words
- two recommendations (written in English), each providing a review of the submitted work
- a curriculum vitae in English.
- The thesis should have been accepted by the PhD Committee during the calendar year preceding the submission deadline.
- Submissions are possible in one of the following languages: English, French, Spanish, German.
- The prize is 5,000 Swiss Francs.
- The deadline for the Ernst Meyer Prize 2020 is 15 January 2020.
Applications should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, The Geneva Association, “Ernst Meyer Prize”, General Secretariat, Talstrasse 70, CH-8001 Zurich.