The Geneva Association awards the prestigious Geneva Association Ernst Meyer Prize annually for university research work in the form of a doctoral thesis that makes a significant and original contribution to the study of risk and insurance economics.
The Judging Committee for the Ernst Meyer Prize comprises Professor Christophe Courbage, Professor Andreas Richter and Professor Richard Watt. Previous winning theses have focused for example on topics such as health insurance plan design, behavioural aspects of product design and demand in retirement savings, and the insurability of catastrophic risks. A full list of past winners is available.
- The thesis should have been accepted by the PhD Committee during the calendar year 2022.
- Submissions are possible in one of the following languages: English, French, Spanish, German.
- The prize is CHF 5,000.
- The deadline for applications is 20 January 2023.
Applications for the award should be sent to ErnstMeyerPrize@genevaassociation.org and include all of the following:
- An electronic version (PDF) of the thesis
- An English language abstract of 1,000–1,200 words
- Two recommendations (written in English), each providing a review of the submitted work
- A curriculum vitae in English