Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Start date: 5 September 2022 (or by agreement)
The Geneva Association (GA) is the leading international think tank of the insurance industry and the only global association of insurance companies; its members are insurance and reinsurance CEOs. Established in 1973, The GA has achieved an international reputation for high-quality and forward-looking research on key trends likely to shape or impact the insurance industry.
This role is a unique opportunity for you to work on research projects in the areas of climate change and transitioning to a resilient carbon-neutral economy with tangible impact for the global insurance industry. Working under the supervision of the Director of Climate Change & Environment (CCE), you will be a key contributor to projects, planning events and other related activities.
You should expect a dynamic environment and be able to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and autonomously in your daily work.
You would be expected to
- Perform desk research on relevant topics and contribute to the drafting of reports
- Support conducting and analysing responses to a survey of the insurance industry
- Conduct empirical analyses based on publicly available datasets
- Design graphs and prepare presentations
- Support the director in coordinating the activities of the CCE working groups and engaging other external stakeholders
Required skills and experience
Your profile should match the following requirements:
- Close to completing a university degree or a recent graduate in engineering or technology/ business/finance/economics
- Knowledge of – or interest in – global developments related to climate change, with a focus on the transition to resilient net-zero sustainable business models, the latest technological developments for the decarbonisation of carbon-intensive sectors and sustainable infrastructure systems
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
- Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Pro-active and autonomous working style
You will be actively supporting the Director of Climate Change and Environment with the following projects and related activities:
- Support a project on 'The role of insurers in de-risking and financing new climate technologies for decarbonising key sectors', with a focus on energy, building and construction, land transportation/mobility, aviation, marine/shipping, materials and heavy industries
- Help with the design of new projects and initiatives
- Assist in planning the 2023 Climate Change and Environment Conference (virtual)
- Other activities as relevant
We are looking for an aspiring individual who is
- Agile, open-minded, curious and able to work under tight timelines
- Able and willing to take initiative to put forward new ideas, suggest improvements and provide constructive feedback
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Professional and reliable
- Teamwork oriented
Compensation and terms
- CHF 2,000 per month
- A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!