Presenters in this #RiskConversations webinar, held 22 September 2020, expounded two key takeaways of The Geneva Association’s report, The Role of Insurance in Mitigating Social Inequality:
1) Specific types of insurance cover, existing and emerging, mitigate the risks of impoverishment and/or contribute to more stable levels of wealth and income.
2) New public-private partnerships should leverage insurance as a critical part of the social safety net.
• Kai-Uwe Schanz, Head of Research & Foresight, The Geneva Association
• Veronica Scotti, Chairperson, Public Sector Solutions, Swiss Re
• Olivier Mahul, Practice Manager, Crisis & Disaster Risk Finance Team, The World Bank
Moderated by Pamela Corn, Director Communications, The Geneva Association