Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Start date: by 1 May 2023, or ASAP
About The Geneva Association
The Geneva Association is the international think tank of the insurance industry and the only global association of insurance companies; its members are insurance and reinsurance CEOs. Established in 1973, the GA has achieved an international reputation for high-quality and forward-looking research on key trends likely to shape or impact the insurance industry.
Geneva Association events
Geneva Association events are a critical platform to share our research findings and recommendations and facilitate dialogue among stakeholders: insurance companies, regulators, policymakers, academics, multi-lateral organisations, NGOs and others. Our annual event programme is comprised of large thematic conferences, smaller conferences for C-level networks, and webinars – in addition to ad hoc meetings for our stakeholders.
The Geneva Association is hiring an experienced (5+ years), customer-service-oriented Event Manager or Senior Event Manager to join its communications team and lead in carrying out the organisation’s ambitious, annual calendar of events.
This position reports to the Director of Communications and is based out of The Geneva Association’s office in Zurich, combining in-office and remote work. The role involves international travel and some overtime / non-traditional hours.
- Accountable for the smooth and professional preparation and execution of Geneva Association events: in-person, virtual and hybrid conferences, roundtables and workshops, webinars
- Drive the organisation’s event strategy, ensuring alignment with research objectives and important/emerging international issues
- Define and implement marketing approaches around events: branding, outreach, social media activities
- Ensure adherence to established event processes and suggest enhancements as needed
- Quality control of event communication (e.g. save the dates, invitations, slide decks, host/speaker correspondence)
- Contract negotiation and finalisation with venues and vendors
- Budget/expense management
- Implement logistics for in-person conferences, such as set up at the conference venue, technology and catering, and transportation and accommodation for event participants
- Manage digital event infrastructure: event web pages, virtual event platforms
- Create high-quality event communication in collaboration with research directors and comms/events team; some proofreading and graphic design
- Systematically track event registration and carry out necessary follow up
- Support participants, speakers, host companies and suppliers (internal and external), prior to, during and after the event
- Build event invitation lists on an ongoing basis, using the CRM database and fully leveraging all organisational contacts
Required skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in events, conferencing or hospitality, ideally in an international, corporate setting
- Experience interacting with senior executives of large companies
- Highly competent in standard office software (such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be familiar with virtual event software (Cvent, Zoom), CRM systems (Hubspot) and other software such as survey and polling tools, etc.
- Accustomed to multi-tasking (e.g. planning several events concurrently) and working across time zones
- Knowledge of insurance and global risk issues a plus
- Native or fluent in English; other languages desirable
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail; carries out responsibilities with high precision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in person and by phone and email; takes a customer-service approach with internal and external stakeholders
- You demonstrate great energy, creativity and care in how you work
- You remain composed under pressure and are seasoned in navigating the demanding (yet cyclical) nature of working in events
- You take initiative to put forward new ideas and provide/accept constructive feedback
- You are flexible and can adapt to changing priorities across departments
A valid Swiss work permit or EU-26/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
Interested candidates should send their CV and an accompanying covering letter to email@example.com.
Finalists will be asked to provide 2 professional references. The start date is as soon as possible – ideally by 1 May 2023.