Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Start date: ASAP
About The Geneva Association
The Geneva Association (GA) is the international think tank of the insurance industry and the only global association of insurance companies; its members are insurance and reinsurance CEOs. Established in 1973, the GA has achieved an international reputation for high-quality and forward-looking research on key trends likely to shape or impact the insurance industry.
The Geneva Association is pleased to announce an internship opening for an Event Assistant. S/he will join The Geneva Association’s communications and events team, supporting the event team’s day-to-day operations.
Activities and responsibilities
This role involves providing support in the following areas:
Event planning and logistics – in-person, virtual and hybrid events
- Support invitation and registration processes
- Manage event milestones
- Arrange event prep calls and tech checks
- Build event slide decks, surveys & rundowns
- Onsite support for in-person events, e.g. setup, checking in guests, etc.
- Quality control of participant contact information
- Organise travel as needed (staff and participants)
- Create name badge/card templates
- Ship materials to event locations and back
Content creation and management
- Produce written and visual content to promote the GA’s events
- Maintain web pages and digital platforms; social media
- Proofreading and basic design
This position is based out of The Geneva Association’s office in Zurich, combining in-office and remote work.
Required skills and experience
- Student or graduate in marketing, events or hospitality
- Some work/internship experience, ideally in an international setting
- Stress-resistant, positive personality with very high engagement level
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Competent in Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat and Illustrator, virtual event software (e.g. Cvent, Zoom); experience with CRM databases is a plus
- Strong team player
- Availability to travel internationally
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working across time zones
- Native or fluent in English; other languages desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in person and by phone and email; takes a customer-service approach with internal and external stakeholders
- CHF 2,500 per month for a period of 12 months
Interested candidates should send their CV and an accompanying covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The start date is as soon as possible – ideally by 15 February 2023.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-26/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.