Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Start date: 17 January 2022 or by arrangement
Duration: 6 to 9 months or by arrangement
The Geneva Association (GA) is the leading international think tank of the insurance industry and the only global association of insurance companies; its members are insurance and reinsurance CEOs. Established in 1973, The GA has achieved an international reputation for high-quality and forward-looking research on key trends likely to shape or impact the insurance industry.
This role is a unique opportunity for you to work on research projects in the areas of climate change, emerging environmental risks and nature-based solutions with tangible impact for the global insurance industry and broader stakeholder community from public and private sectors. Working under the supervision of the Director of Climate Change and Environment (CCE), you will be a key contributor to projects, planning events and other related activities.
You should expect a dynamic environment and be able to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and autonomously in your daily work.
You would be expected to
- Perform desk research on relevant topics
- Conduct empirical analyses based on publicly available datasets
- Design graphs and prepare presentations
- Support the director in coordinating the activities of the CCE working groups and engaging other external stakeholders
You will be actively supporting the Director of Climate Change and Environment with the following projects and related activities:
- Role of insurers in de-risking and financing new technologies for the transition to net zero
- Future insurability of acute physical climate risk (extremes): Opportunities for concerted public-private actions
- Water-related risks – Implications for insurers as risk managers and investors
- Planning the annual Climate Change and Environment Conference
- Other activities as relevant
Required skills and experience
Your profile should match the following requirements:
- Close to completing a university degree or recent graduate in engineering, economics, finance, actuarial sciences, environmental studies or any other relevant field
- Knowledge of – or interest in - global climate and emerging nature-based risks and related developments globally
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
- Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance and/or experience in the industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Pro-active and autonomous working style
We are looking for an aspiring individual who is
- Agile, open-minded, curious and able to work under tight timelines
- Able and willing to take initiative to put forward new ideas, suggest improvements and provide constructive feedback
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Professional and reliable
- Teamwork oriented
Interested candidates should send their CV and an accompanying covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!