The Geneva Association is stepping up the insurance industry’s global collaboration on climate risk assessment and scenario analysis with a task force of leading experts from the world’s largest insurers, representing the companies of The Geneva Association’s insurance CEO members.
This #RiskConversations webinar presented the task force’s work and first report, offering a decision-making framework for designing climate risk assessment and scenario analysis for the insurance industry.
Experts from the task force discussed approaches to:
- Analysing physical and transition risks for both sides of the balance sheet
- Quantitative and qualitative scenario analysis for different time horizons
- Strengthening multi-stakeholder collaboration to build robust methodologies and tools
- Maryam Golnaraghi, Director Climate Change and Emerging Environmental Topics, The Geneva Association
- Ian Adamczyk, VP International Regulatory and Government Affairs, Prudential Financial
- Martin Bertogg, Head NatCat & Cyber, Swiss Re
- Michèle Lacroix, Head of Group Investment Risk & Sustainability, SCOR
- Hjörtur Thrainsson, Modeling Expert, Munich Re