The Geneva Association awards the prestigious Geneva Association Ernst Meyer Prize annually for university research work in the form of a doctoral thesis that makes a significant and original contribution to the study of risk and insurance economics.
The Judging Committee for the Ernst Meyer Prize comprises Professor Christophe Courbage, Professor Andreas Richter and Professor Richard Watt. Previous winning theses have focused on topics such as health insurance plan design, the economics of disaster risk and retirement planning. A full list of past winners and their thesis titles is available online.
- Submitted theses should have been accepted by the PhD Committee in 2023 (the calendar year preceding the submission deadline).
- Submissions are possible in one of the following languages: English, French, Spanish, German.
- The prize is CHF 5,000.
- The deadline for applications is 19 January 2024.
Applications for the award should include all of the following:
- A PDF version of the thesis.
- An English language abstract of 1,000–1,200 words.
- Two recommendations (written in English), each providing a review of the submitted work.
- Curriculum vitae in English.
Applications should be sent to ErnstMeyerPrize@genevaassociation.org