Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Start date: 1 April 2024 or by arrangement
Duration: 10 months with the option to extend to 12 months
The Geneva Association (GA) is the leading international think tank of the insurance industry and the only global association of insurance companies; its members are insurance and reinsurance CEOs. Established in 1973, The GA has achieved an international reputation for high-quality and forward-looking research on key trends likely to shape or impact the insurance industry.
This role is a unique opportunity for you to work on research projects in the areas of climate change and transitioning to a climate resilient carbon-neutral economy with tangible impact for the global insurance industry. Working under the supervision of the Director of Climate Change and Environment (CCE), you will be a key contributor to projects, planning events and other related activities.
You should expect a dynamic environment and be able to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and autonomously in your daily work.
You would be expected to
- Perform desk research on relevant topics and contribute to the drafting of reports
- Participate and document summary of discussions of multi-stakeholder meetings
- Support conducting and analysing of responses to interviews with stakeholders
- Conduct empirical analyses based on publicly available datasets
- Design graphs and prepare presentations
- Support the director in coordinating the activities of the CCE working groups and engaging other external stakeholders
You will be actively supporting the Director of Climate Change and Environment with the following projects and related activities:
- Primarily support a major project on “Insurability of physical climate risks in a changing climate, with implications on sectors such as housing and real state, industrial and infrastructure sectors, and investing”
- Help with the design of new projects and initiatives
- Planning the annual Climate Change and Environment Conference 2024 and other events planned in 2024
- Other activities as relevant
Required skills and experience
Your profile should match the following requirements:
- Close to completing a university degree or a recent graduate (preferably at post graduate level) in areas of business, finance, economics, risk management, risk modelling, geography, or environmental sciences.
- Knowledge of – or interest in - global developments related to climate change, with focus on impact of extreme events on economy, industry and society as a whole
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
- Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Pro-active and autonomous working style
We are looking for an aspiring individual who is
- Agile, open-minded, curious and able to work under tight timelines
- Able and willing to take initiative to put forward new ideas, suggest improvements and provide constructive feedback
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to work concurrently on different projects
- Professional and reliable
- Teamwork oriented
Compensation and terms
- CHF 2,500 per month
Interested candidates should send their CV and an accompanying covering letter to email@example.com
To learn more about us, visit our website www.genevaassociation.org
We are looking forward to hearing from you!